Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Body Is Not A Rubber Band

So I'm ending week seven of my Precision Nutrition journey. Not that this point is entirely all that impressive considering this is a full year-long program, but I must say I'm enjoying the challenge. The daily assignments are keeping me accountable to something, and while the lessons are all things I've heard before the reassurance that this journey isn't linear gives me hope that I haven't been screwing things up all along. Keep in mind I haven't really lost weight or fat, but what I have accomplished is a relatively consistent habit of checking in with this website to track my progress and take my disgusting fish oil everyday. (truly an impressive feat for me)

I've also come to a completely personal decision to stop taking my birth control pill. There are several reasons for this, the foremost being I believe it is hindering my fat-loss process. Before anyone calls the looney police I will say I've researched all the alternatives I'm willing to consider and I find I'm just tired of bombarding my system with chemicals and running around like a headless chicken. And you know what? That one fact alone has me feeling better. Even if I find that stopping the pill doesn't make my fat loss any easier, I will rest easier knowing that I took the extra step in breaking modern society's hold on my uterus. Yay for small victories. More to come on this later.

-Denora

No comments:

Post a Comment