Saturday, July 14, 2012

Religious Diversity

I wrote this very short essay in honor of my friend Don Larsen for one of my classes this quarter:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pqSkr40y-vg6bOd-ZupilKwO5Xz0mwGTqFqhQQxwq9I/edit

If I had longer to devote to the topic I would have expanded on my feelings regarding religious pluralism. However, I will say this much...I feel it is essential that people of different faiths focus more on the similarities of their beliefs than the differences. We can spout about peace and love until we are blue in the face but we must ACT in order for it to become a reality.

"This attitude is essentially based on a non-literal view of one's religious traditions, hence allowing for respect to be engendered between different traditions on fundamental principles rather than more marginal issues. It is perhaps summarized as an attitude which rejects focus on immaterial differences, and instead gives respect to those beliefs held in common."

Bright Blessings,

Denora

No comments:

Post a Comment